Applications from NZ Citizens, permanent residents or candidates holding current work visas are considered for the below positions.
Support Workers (Part-time and Casual)
Disability is no barrier to quality life and living. The above positions have become available for experienced individuals to join our friendly team at St John of God Karori, a residential facility for people with physical disabilities aged 18 to 65.
The positions available include rostered part time permanent shifts, and casual positions.
If you want to be part of a great team supporting people with high physical needs, then we would like to hear from you. To be considered for the role you will need:
A positive ‘can do’ attitude and are friendly and considerate
To have a valid NZ work permit or are a NZ citizen and preferably have a driver’s licence
A level 2 Health and Wellbeing Certificate (Careerforce)
We offer professional support and opportunities for further training and development.
For an Application Form and Position Description, please contact email@example.com quoting reference SJG-HASN-1030. Applications close 5pm, 29 May 2017.
Nurse Unit Manager (Registered Nurse)
Permanent | Full time Monday – Friday
St John of God Halswell (a service of St John of God Hauora Trust), is a provider of residential care for adults living with a neurological and/or physical disability. We operate a 60 bed service in Halswell as well as several supported living homes in the community. As a not-for-profit organisation our care is proudly based on the values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence. We provide an on-site, Rehabilitation and Therapy team responsible for our neurorehabilitation and long term care residents.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic registered nurse to lead a team of experienced Support Workers as the Nurse Unit Manager. As the manager of a busy unit of approximately 12 – 14 residents you will need to creatively deliver and implement a medico-social model of care. Apart from your nursing experience and qualifications you will be a problem solver, pro-active in your management style as well as having a keen sense of humour.
Do you tick these boxes?
- Excellent clinical management and team leadership skills
- Ability to manage all the staff and resources of the unit while strongly leading and motivating your team to deliver safe, effective, high quality care to the residents
- Be a registered nurse with a current PC and have excellent clinical knowledge
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Have demonstrated planning, time management and organisational skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to review and implement continuous improvement programs
- Have a sense of humour and enjoy very much working as part of a close well-functioning team both within the clinical unit but also at a senior level within the organisation
For further information on this position, contact Vicki Taylor 338 2009. Applications close 5.00pm Friday 12 May 2017
Applicants for this position to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.