Applications from NZ Citizens, permanent residents or candidates holding current work visas are considered for the below positions.
Support Workers (Part-time)
St John of God Health and Ability Services (a service of St John of God Hauora Trust), is a provider of residential care for adults living with a neurological and/or physical disability. We operate a 60 bed service in Halswell as well as several supported living homes in the community. As a not-for-profit organisation our care is proudly based on the values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence. We provide an on-site, Rehabilitation and Therapy team responsible for our slow-stream neurorehabilitation and long term care residents.
We have a vacancy for a permanent Support Worker which covers day, night and weekend shifts totalling 32 hours per week over a 6 week roster.
The key responsibilities include:
- Confident in performing all Health and Ability Care functions necessary for care recipients as per the Registered Nurse.
- Provides services in a manner that meets the cultural needs of the care recipients.
- Conducts themselves in a manner consistent with St John of God Hauora Trust Mission and Values.
- To be considered for the role you will require the following:
- Careerforce level 3 or above
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Support Worker
- Current First Aid Certification
- Educated in Brain Injury and the effects on Communication
- Cultural Diversity Competency
- Education and knowledge of Motor Neuron Disease and Huntington’s Disease
- Skin Integrity Competency
- Restraint Minimisation and Safe Practice
- Minimum of 2 New Zealand work related referees
In return we offer remuneration in line with the Care and Support Workers Pay Equity settlement, and professional support and ongoing opportunities for professional development.
For an Application Form and Position Description please email email@example.com quoting reference SJG-HASS-1133.
Applications will be considered from NZ Citizens, permanent residents and valid work visa holders.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 27 September 2017