St John of God Karori
Our facility offers a home-like environment, with large rooms, leisure areas and providing high quality support and care to people with complex needs.
- 36 rooms
- Rehabilitation gym
- Communal living area with Sky television, DVD player and movie projector
- Van with wheelchair hoist
- Library room leading to a sunny balcony
- Call bells in each bedroom, personal lounge, bathroom, dining room and main lounge
- Petanque (boules) area
- Personal phone and data connections in your room
- Meals freshly prepared by our chefs
- Onsite laundry service
- Bath and bedroom linen provided
- Full housekeeping services
Rehabilitation and therapy
Our rehabilitation and therapy team coordinate activities for residents both on and offsite. Our program provides services such as exercise therapy, art, music and outings. The team is available six days a week to assist residents with their social and lifestyle needs.
Our Pastoral Care Coordinator offers spiritual and emotional support to residents of any religious denomination as well as to their family and friends. Our coordinator can be contacted on (04) 464 2010.
High dependency support is provided for residents living with complex or degenerative conditions. This care is led by a registered nurse with the support of an experienced clinical team.
All Health and Ability Services facilities are closed as a result of the current Covid-19 outbreak.
Limited free onsite car parking is available for visitors. Street parking is also available .
St John of God Karori is about five kilometres from Wellington’s CBD.
The closest public transport access is:
- Karori Number 3 Bus from Lambton Quay (Wellington City): a 20 minute ride to Marsden Village, then a 7 minute walk to St John of God Karori.
- Karori Number 18 Bus from Taranaki Street (Wellington City): 15 minute ride stopping directly at St John of God Karori.
Find out more about admission information or contact us to talk about needs for you or a loved one.
Location & contact
St John of God Karori
11 Messines Road, Karori
Tel: (04) 464 2010
Fax: (04) 476 0962
Interested in our services?
Leave your details below and we'll get back to you with more information.