- Our services
- Health and Ability Services
Health and Ability Services
Our services in Canterbury and Wellington provide residential and respite care, rehabilitation and therapy services to residents and an outpatient clinic at St John of God Halswell.
Find out more about services closest to you or contact us for more information.
Residential support services
People aged between 16 and 65 with physical or neurological impairments may access our residential support services to help them live in the community with appropriate support.
Rehabilitation and therapy
We provide specialist neurological therapy and rehabilitation, which includes individual and group therapy to help our patients maximise their long term recovery, independence and quality of life.
We specialise in working with people who have had a brain injury, stroke or a brain haemorrhage.
We also work closely with people needing therapy before returning to work, adults with neurological conditions and people who have difficulty with balance, coordination, motor skills and swallowing.
Your Health Rights
The Code establishes the rights of consumers, and the obligations and duties of health care providers to comply with the Code. It is a regulation under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act and includes:
- the right to be treated with respect
- the right to freedom from discrimination, coercion, harassment, and exploitation
- the right to dignity and independence
- the right to services of an appropriate standard
- the right to effective communication
- the right to be fully informed
- the right to make an informed choice and give informed consent
- the right to support
- rights in respect of teaching or research
- the right to complain.
Where our service is offered