Level 4 COVID Advice at our residential care facilities
St John of God Hauora Trust facilities will stay in Alert Level 4 until Monday 30 August 2021when the status will be reviewed.
All St John of God Hauora Trust Residential Care facilities in Wellington and Christchurch will stay at level 4 through to at least 30 August.
At level 4 we are not able to accept any visitors. Care packages are also restricted. If there is a special need to drop something off please contact Regional Manager Virginia Spoors to discuss.
Here are the key points to minimise risk:
- There are separate bubbles on site meaning staff and residents are staying in their areas
- Staff are all wearing face masks to keep residents safe
- Any unwell residents are being isolated until they are well again
- All outings are cancelled for now.
Other key points:
- We are making sure there are activities and fun things happening for residents to participate in within their unit (Bubble).
- We are encouraging residents and families to keep in touch by telephone, email or through skype or zoom. We can set up skype or zoom meetings for families, please contact Sue Silk or Steph Slater via the facility to arrange this for you.
- There will be a shopping trip for essential shopping. Residents can add their requests to this list.
- Medical appointments can be attended, only if necessary or acute.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our residents safe.